Get your monthly pass or set of 10 tickets before free service ends Saturday, March 31
NEWMARKET -The Regional Municipality of York advises residents that April monthly passes and YRT/Viva tickets are available for purchase before free service ends Saturday, March 31. Fares are required to board all YRT/Viva services starting Sunday, April 1.
Where can I get YRT/Viva tickets and passes?
• April monthly passes and sets of 10 tickets are available at all multiRide machines located at YRT/Viva terminals and the YRT/Viva office at 50 High Tech Road in the Town of Richmond Hill
• Tickets and passes are available at ticket agent vendors throughout the Region, but quantities are limited at some locations ??" visit www.yrt.ca
for contact details and please call ahead
• Single-ride tickets from oneRide machines at terminals and vivastations are not available until Sunday, April 1
• If you purchased a February monthly pass, it will be honoured throughout the month of April
• For full fare details, please visit www.yrt.ca
What about PRESTO?
• PRESTO electronic fare cards can be purchased online at www.prestocard.ca
or at the YRT/Viva office at 50 High Tech Road in the Town of Richmond Hill
• Re-load or register your existing card at the YRT/Viva office or www.prestocard.ca
• Stay tuned for upcoming spring PRESTO events throughout the Region where you can activate and register a fee-waived PRESTO card on-the-spot
• Visit www.yrt.ca
for more PRESTO information
Sets of 10 tickets and monthly passes continue to offer the best value for frequent YRT/Viva riders. Riders can save up to 20 per cent by switching from cash to tickets. Monthly passes, GTA Weekly Passes and frequently-used PRESTO cards are eligible for the Federal Transit Tax Credit, saving riders even more at tax time.
Free service on all YRT/Viva services remains available until Saturday, March 31. York Region thanks residents for their patience during the phased-in return of YRT/Viva service.
For more information about YRT/Viva services, please visit www.yrt.ca
or call the Customer Service Centre at 1-866-MOVE-YRT (668-3978).
- 30 -
Media Contact: Kim MacGillivray, Corporate Communications, York Region
1-877-464-9675, ext. 1209 • Cell: 905-251-6412 • email@example.com