More than 70 YRT/Viva service adjustments start Sunday, July 1
NEWMARKET – The Regional Municipality of York will introduce more than 70 YRT/Viva service changes across York Region, effective Sunday, July 1. Residents are advised to review full details and updated schedules on www.yrt.ca
Highlights of the upcoming service changes include:
• Route 50 - Queensway will be introduced to operate four weekday morning and afternoon round trips between Keswick and Newmarket GO Bus Terminal.
• Route 9 - 9th Line will be restructured to incorporate former Route 15 - Stouffville Local routing. Alternate trips will service Eastern Gate from the start of service until 5 p.m.
• Route 304 - Mount Joy Express will be introduced to operate between Mount Joy GO Station and Finch GO Bus Terminal via McCowan Road, Highway 7, Kennedy Road and Highway 407.
• Route 53 - Woodspring-Clearmeadow will be restructured. Former Route 53 service north of Davis Drive will be merged with Route 44 - Woodspring-Bristol and service south of Davis Drive will be merged with Route 57/57A - Clearmeadow-Mulock.
• Route 86 - Newkirk-Red Maple will be restructured to service central Richmond Hill between Yonge Street and Bayview Avenue. Route 86 has been renamed Route 86 - Newkirk-Red Maple and will now operate along Red Maple Road to Richmond Hill Centre Terminal.
Additional routes and schedules will be adjusted to better serve riders throughout York Region. For further details on the above service change highlights and all upcoming route and schedule changes, please visit www.yrt.ca
YRT/Viva offers local and rapid transit services throughout all nine municipalities in York Region. More than 120 routes keep residents connected within York Region, as well as with connecting services in the City of Toronto and the Region of Peel. In 2011, 19.8 million riders used YRT/Viva with an average of 80,000 boardings made each weekday.
For more information about YRT/Viva services, please visit the YRT/Viva website at www.yrt.ca
or call the Customer Service Centre at 1-866-MOVE-YRT (668-3978).
- 30 -
Media Contact: Kim MacGillivray, Corporate Communications, York Region
1-877-464-9675, ext. 1209 • Cell: 905-251-6412 • email@example.com