Additional service available earlier for riders starting February 9 on Routes 55B, 31, 44 and 53
NEWMARKET - The Regional Municipality of York is introducing more routes starting tomorrow, Thursday, February 9, including full service on YRT/Viva Route 55B, as well as limited service on Routes 31, 44 and 53 until they are fully restored later this month.
York Region is pleased to introduce these additional routes earlier than scheduled to provide more service to commuters and students and improve connections with GO Stations and Terminals. All YRT/Viva services continue to be free, including the following:
Route 55B- Davis Drive
• Full service resumes
• Serving all regular stops including Newmarket GO Bus Terminal, Newmarket GO Station and Huron Heights Secondary School Route 31 - Aurora North
• Weekday limited service from 5:39 a.m. to 8:26 a.m. and 3:05 p.m. to 6:04 p.m.
• Service to all regular stops including the Aurora GO Station, Aurora High School and St. Maximilian Kolbe Catholic High School Route 44 - Bristol-London
• Weekday limited service from 6:07 a.m. to 8:10 a.m. and 2:05 p.m. to 6:05 p.m.
• Operated by Dial-a-Ride in the evenings
• Service to all regular stops including Sacred Heart Catholic High School, Dr. J.M. Denison Secondary School, Newmarket GO Station and Newmarket GO Bus Terminal Route 53 - Woodspring Clearmeadow
• Weekday limited service from 6:09 a.m. to 8:10 a.m. and 2:55 p.m. to 7:02 p.m.
• Serving all regular stops including Sir William Mulock Secondary School, Newmarket GO Bus Terminal and East Gwillimbury GO Station
On Monday, February 6, 96 per cent of YRT/Viva service was restored, with remaining routes planned for introduction by the end of February. For detailed service restoration information, please visit www.yrt.ca
Free service is available to welcome riders back to YRT/Viva. No cash, tickets or passes are required for any YRT/Viva services through March 31. Monthly passes for February will be honoured in April or can be returned for a refund at YRT/Viva’s head office at 50 High Tech Road in the Town of Richmond Hill.
YRT/Viva continues to assist transit riders with travel options through the Customer Service Centre at 1-866-MOVE-YRT (668-3978). Ongoing updates are available on www.yrt.ca
Residents can also follow York Region on Twitter @YorkRegionGovt and Facebook www.facebook.com/YorkRegion
- 30 -
Media Contact: Kim MacGillivray, Corporate Communications, York Region
1-877-464-9675, ext. 1209 • Cell: 905-251-6412 • firstname.lastname@example.org