Town of Georgina’s Jackson’s Point hosts second annual water event this weekend
The Regional Municipality of York is sponsoring the second annual SPLASH Floating Water Festival, a two-day celebration of water fun and learning on the shores of Lake Simcoe.
York Region residents are invited this Friday and Saturday to De La Salle Park in Jackson’s Point to experience the forest, love the lake, listen to music, interact with water innovations, eat local foods, play and learn.
Proceeds from SPLASH Floating Water Festival benefit the creation of a Water Centre for Innovation, Research and Learning on Lake Simcoe.
WHAT: SPLASH Floating Water Festival
WHEN: Friday, August 17 from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Saturday, August 18 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
WHERE: De La Salle Park
1940 Metro Road North
Jackson’s Point, Town of Georgina
COST: $5 per child
$10 per adult
$25 for a family of four
Friday, August 17
• Walk through the heart of the York Regional Forest, Metro Road Tract. Visit www.splashfestival.ca
• Enjoy food, artisans, entertainment and live music at Jump, Jive and Splash in Jackson's Point
• Be dazzled by hundreds of dancers, acrobats, aerial performers and percussionists with music telling the story of Lake Simcoe at After the Storm Beach Theatre
Saturday, August 18
• Tour York Region’s water strategy through a treasure hunt
• Try out e-beach bikes, e-boats, water yoga, paddle boarding and pedal canoes
• Walk on water in floating water balls
• Participate in water arts and craft contests for kids
• Jam to Celtic, Scottish, jazz, rock ‘n’ roll and dulcimer music throughout the park
- 30 -
Media Contact: Lindsey Nigra, Corporate Communications, The Regional Municipality of York
905-830-4444 or 1-877-464-9675, ext. 1239 Cell: 905-955-0685 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Regional Municipality of York provides services to 1.1 million residents and 41,000 businesses that employ 516,000 people