Jointly sponsored by ventureLAB, the Town of Richmond Hill, Employment Ontario and The Regional Municipality of York
NEWMARKET – Having the opportunity to network with representatives from medical technology and life science-focused companies is an important attractor for participants who will also learn about exciting new technological innovations along with partnering and funding opportunities.
The MedEDGE 2011 – Life Science Summit on June 16 will bring medical technology innovators, entrepreneurs and leaders together with senior executives from medical devices and life science companies in York Region, funders, academia and York Region hospitals.
• Wayne Gudbranson, President and CEO, Branham Group
• Pat Horgan, Vice-President of Manufacturing at IBM
• Patrick Clifford, Manager, Professional Practice, Southlake Regional Health Centre
• Janet Beed, President, Markham Stouffville Hospital
• Peter Pekos, President & CEO, Dalton Pharma Services
• John Soloninka, President & CEO, Htx.ca, The Health Technology Exchange
• Angelo Del Duca, Director, Ontario, National Research Council Canada – Industrial Research Program
• Tom Corr, President & CEO, Industry-Academic Collaboration Program, Ontario Centres of Excellence
• Ilse Treurnicht, CEO, Business Accelerator Program, MaRS Discovery District
• Keynote speakers will discuss health care information technology and building capacity of enterprises and alliances.
• Hospital executives will discuss commercialization opportunities and research capacity.
• Panel members will discuss medical device technology, government funding opportunities and fibre optic network advances impacting researchers in health care information technology.
WHEN: June 16, 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
WHERE: Richmond Hill Centre for the Performing Arts, 10268 Yonge Street, The Town Richmond Hill
For more information, please contact Brigitte Sharpe, ventureLAB Communications & Events Programming Manager, at 905-248-2735 or 1-866-905-4726, ext. 2735, or email@example.com
For more information on The Regional Municipality of York, please visit www.york.ca
- 30 -
Media Contact: Tim Paleczny, Corporate Communications Specialist, York Region
Phone: 905-830-4444, ext. 1238, 416-297-9696 or Toll free 1-877-464-9675
Cell: 905-251-6413 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org