Aging Workforce Study identifies challenges and options
NEWMARKET - The Regional Municipality of York invites you to attend Beyond the Boomers: Aging Workforce Study Conference on Tuesday, February 22, at Le Parc Conference and Banquet Centre in Markham. Special guest and keynote speaker Dr. Rick Miner, Seneca’s President Emeritus, will share his presentation called People Without Jobs, Jobs Without People.
This complimentary conference will focus discussions and presentations on creating a flexible workplace, worker health programs for employers, regional growth and long range planning, engaging boomers in the workplace, employment and labour law awareness and ergonomics for the aging workforce. There will also be an expert café and table top exhibits by York Region economic partners. The project and conference are funded by Employment Ontario.
Employers, human resource professionals and economic development stakeholders across the region are encouraged to attend the conference to discuss how to address the challenges of impending skilled labour shortages.
• Ted McMeekin, Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Training, Colleges and Universities
• John Taylor, Town of Newmarket Regional Councillor, Chair of the Region’s Planning and Economic Development Committee
• Dr. Rick Miner, Seneca’s President Emeritus, People Without Jobs, Jobs Without People
• Nora Spinks, President of Work-Life Harmony Enterprises, Engaging Boomers in the Workplace
• Bryan Tuckey, Commissioner of Planning and Development Services, The Regional Municipality of York
• Doug Lindeblom, Director of Economic Strategy, The Regional Municipality of York
WHEN: Tuesday, February 2, 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
WHERE: Le Parc Conference & Banquet Centre, 8432 Leslie Street, Town of Markham
For more information please contact Sharon Vegh at Sharon.firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 905-830 4444 x1509
Media representatives are invited to attend the event. Please RSVP to Maria Schembri, Corporate Communications.
For more information on The Regional Municipality of York, please visit www.york.ca
- 30 -
Media Contact: Maria Schembri, Corporate Communications, York Region
Phone: 905-830-4444, Ext. 1207