NEWMARKET – The Regional Municipality of York’s Water for Tomorrow program is offering free, water-use audits to eligible industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) businesses located within York Region.
The purpose of these audits is to identify water-saving opportunities through:
• Replacement of older, less water-efficient equipment with new, modern equipment
• Replacement of once-through cooling water system with closed-loop chilled water cooling systems, eliminating discharge of usable municipal water into sewer system
• Reuse of once-through cooling water
• Water recovery from water-cooled boiler pumps
• Water recovery from water-cooled air compressors
• Reuse of steam condensing water
• ICI water-efficiency outdoor irrigation systems
• High efficiency industrial clothes washers (not already covered by the ICI Commercial Clothes Washer Replacement Rebate)
Following implementation of the retrofits identified through the water efficiency audits, approved applicants are eligible for the Capacity Buy-back Program. This offers a one-time incentive of 30 cents per litre of water saved per average day, up to 50 per cent of the total cost of the retrofit (to a maximum of $50,000). Full details of the rebate are available on the Water for Tomorrow website.
Applications for the ICI Audit and Capacity Buy-back Program are evaluated on a first-come, first-served basis and are contingent upon the availability of annual program funding.
For more information about York Region’s water efficiency program, including water-saving tips, please visit www.waterfortomorrow.ca
For more information on The Regional Municipality of York, please visit www.york.ca
- 30 -
Media Contact: Barbara Moss, Communications Specialist, York Region
Phone: 905 830-4444 or Toll Free 1-877-464-9675 ext. 1237