More than 50 route and schedule adjustments will improve YRT / Viva services
NEWMARKET – The Regional Municipality of York will introduce more than 50 York Region Transit (YRT) / Viva route and schedule changes this fall to improve services across York Region.
To stay informed and plan your route, visit the YRT / Viva website and Customer Service Centre for a complete list of service changes.
Service improvements, effective Sunday, August 22:
• A new partnership between TTC and YRT / Viva will offer riders additional service options between Downsview Station and York University.
- Using a TTC pass or transfer, customers can travel on Viva orange northbound and southbound between Downsview Station and York University.
- The new TTC and YRT / Viva partnership offers increased service options, increased frequency and will help relieve overcrowding on vehicles.
Service changes effective Sunday, September 5 include:
• Viva blue “A” will operate 11 morning and 13 afternoon rush hour trips between Newmarket GO Bus Terminal and Finch GO Bus Terminal. These new trips reflect a significant increase from the previous five trips each way.
• New Route 22A – King City will operate nine southbound and nine northbound trips between Newmarket and York University during non rush-hour times when GO Train service is unavailable.
• New integrated rapid transit service between Viva orange and Brampton’s new Züm service for riders travelling between Brampton and York University. Together, Viva orange and Brampton Züm will offer a combined service frequency of 7.5 minutes between Martin Grove Road and York University, seven days a week.
• Reinstatement of all YRT School Specials serving high schools throughout York Region and introduction of new route 429 – Cardinal Carter/Aurora High School Special.
Service changes will be promoted through advertisements in local newspapers, bus stop notices at affected bus stops, information on YRT/Viva vehicles and online. For a complete list of service changes, please visit the YRT/Viva website at www.yrt.ca
or call the Customer Service Centre at 1-866-MOVE-YRT (668-3978).
YRT/Viva offers local and rapid transit services throughout all nine municipalities in York Region. More than 120 routes keep residents connected within York Region, as well as with connecting services in the City of Toronto and the Region of Peel. More than 18 million riders used YRT/Viva services in 2009, with an average of 70,000 boardings made each weekday.
For more information on The Regional Municipality of York, please visit www.york.ca
- 30 –
Media Contact: Michelle McEwan, Communications Specialist, York Region
Phone: 905 830-4444, ext. 1209 or Cell: 905 251-6412