York Works is a newsletter published twice annually by The Regional Municipality of York to help residents stay informed of Regional programs, projects and services within our Transportation Services and Environmental Services departments.
This edition has a feature on pedestrian safety, with tips on how both motorists and pedestrians can co-exist on our busy streets. In addition, the 2010 Spring/Summer edition of York Works features information on:
• Summer rain barrel sales events
• Free Water for Tomorrow landscape visits
• A guide to spring cleaning that helps you manage your waste
• Sustainable Works activities
• Free National Public Works Week Family Fun Day Open House
• Free popular Walk in the Forest monthly guided tours
• Subsidies for private tree planting
• Bike rack program and real-time updates on York Region Transit
Electronic copies of York Works are available by visiting www.york.ca
by following the link on the front page.
Media Contact: Michael Kemp, Corporate Communications, York Region
Phone: 905 830-4444 Ext. 1232 / Cell: 905 251-6419