Permanent and temporary schedule adjustments in effect over the next two weeks
NEWMARKET – The Regional Municipality of York advises residents to please check York Region Transit (YRT)/Viva schedules before heading out over the holidays. Several permanent service changes will come into effect on Sunday, December 20th, as well as temporary holiday schedule adjustments between Monday, December 21st and Monday, January 4, 2010.
Effective Sunday, December 20th, more than 35 YRT/Viva routes will be adjusted. Please visit www.yrt.ca
or call 1-866-MOVE-YRT (668-3978) for a full listing of changes and new schedule information.
Temporary holiday service adjustments effective Monday, December 21st include:
• All High School Specials will be discontinued from December 21st to January 1st with regular service resuming Monday, January 4th
• YRT GO Shuttles will operate on early schedules December 24th and December 31st
• YRT GO Shuttles and express services will be cancelled on December 25th and GO Shuttles only will be cancelled on December 28th.
• All YRT/Viva routes will operate reduced holiday service on December 25th and January 1st
• For the ninth consecutive year, FREE rides after 7 p.m and extended service until approximately
3 a.m. on select routes will be available on New Year’s Eve, Thursday, December 31st
For complete service details, please visit the YRT/Viva website at www.yrt.ca
or call the Customer Service Centre at 1-866-MOVE-YRT (668-3978).
YRT/Viva offers local and rapid transit services throughout all nine municipalities in York Region. More than 120 routes keep residents connected within York Region, as well as with connecting services in the City of Toronto and the Region of Peel. More than 19 million riders used YRT/Viva services in 2008, with an average of 90,000 boardings made each weekday.
For more information on The Regional Municipality of York, please visit www.york.ca
- 30 -
Media Contact: Kim MacGillivray, Communications Specialist, York Region
Phone: 905 830-4444, ext. 1209 or Cell: 905 251-6412