Newsletter also contains updates on York Region’s Transportation Services and Environmental Services programs, projects and services
NEWMARKET – The Regional Municipality of York this week has mailed the spring/summer edition of York Works to 300,000 households across the Region.
York Works is a newsletter published twice annually by York Region’s Transportation Services and Environmental Services departments to keep residents informed of Regional programs, projects and services.
This edition features an insert that gives details of the Region’s new, simplified outdoor water advisory system. As of May 19th, all of York Region is under a Water Conservation Notice, meaning that residents must follow outdoor water-use bylaws until September 2nd.
In addition, York Works features information on:
• York Region’s solid waste management energy from waste program and pelletization program
• Yard Waste, Blue Box, green bin and plastic bag recycling programs
• York Region’s street tree program and free family forest walks
• Public consultations on transit, transportation and water and wastewater services
• Transit security and new bio-diesel program
• York Region’s transit supportive roads program
Electronic copies of York Works can be obtained by visiting www.york.ca
and following the link on the front page.
- 30 -
Media Contact: Michael Kemp, Corporate Communications, York Region
Phone: 905 830-4444, ext. 1232 or Cell 905 251-6419