2007 Campaign goal to be unveiled during opening ceremonies
NEWMARKET – The Regional Municipality of York will announce its 2007 campaign goal at the launch of its 2007 United Way Staff Campaign. The event will include a silent auction with over $25,000 in items up for bid and a fundraising barbecue.
When: Thursday, September 20th at 11:45 a.m.
Where: York Region Administrative Centre – Great Hall
17250 Yonge Street, Newmarket
• York Region Chairman and CEO Bill Fisch
• York Regional Police Chief, Armand La Barge
• Bruce Macgregor, Chief Administrative Officer, York Region
• Inspector Stan Colley, York Regional Police, United Way Campaign Co-Chair
• Bryan Tuckey, Commissioner of Planning and Development Services,
United Way Campaign Co-Chair
• Daniele Zanotti, Chief Executive Officer, United Way of York Region
The United Way of York Region is the largest source of non-profit funding in York Region. Each year, this foundation assists more than 270,000 people overcome difficulties through support of more than 40 community programs. The various support programs help provide encouragement, strengthen communities and foster leadership. By giving to the United Way of York Region Community Fund, your dollars are having an impact on the lives of many people.
– 30 –
Media Contact: Masrine Guthrie-Peart, Corporate Communications, York Region
Phone: 905 830-4444, ext. 1236 or Cell 905 251-6416