The newly redesigned www.yrt.ca puts a fresh face on transit travel planning
NEWMARKET – The Regional Municipality of York is proud to announce the unveiling of the new York Region Transit (YRT)/Viva website: www.yrt.ca
The new website is designed with transit users in mind, offering an online trip planner, quick and easy access to schedules and maps, a service updates mailing list and other new features.
"York Region is a leader in technological innovation," said York Region Chairman and CEO Bill Fisch. "The redesigned YRT/Viva website sets a new benchmark for excellence in customer service."
The new website design is the result of extensive research and public consultation, including an industry peer review, navigation testing and customer focus groups with YRT/Viva riders and non-riders. The new site offers many high-tech enhancements, most notably, rideQuest Click, an innovative online trip planner.
"YRT/Viva set out to determine exactly what existing riders and potential new riders needed from a transit website," said Town of Markham Regional Councillor Jim Jones, Chair of the Region's Transit Committee. "What we heard loud and clear is our passengers want trip planning, easy access to schedules, maps and information, and that's what the YRT/Viva website delivers."
RideQuest Click takes the traditional guesswork out of transit trip planning. By simply entering a start and end destination, customers will be able to pick from a list of travel options for a customized trip plan with map. YRT/Viva is one of the first transit agencies in the GTA to launch an online trip planner.
Other new features of the redesigned YRT/Viva website include:
• Next Bus – A quick way to access the next five departures from your bus stop by punching in your four-digit bus stop number
• Schedule Finder – A new way to view and customize schedule information
• Closest Stop – An easy way to find YRT/Viva bus stops in your area
• YRT/Viva Mailing List – A subscription mailing list that will deliver service updates, newsletters and promotions directly to the personal inbox of subscribers
• Font Enlargement – With one quick click, users can increase text size for easier readability
• Online Booking – Registered Mobility Plus users can now book rides online only one day in advance
For schedule information by phone, YRT/Viva customers can also use rideQuest Call, a new 24/7 automated phone service available by calling 1-866-MOVE-YRT (668-3978).
For more information on The Regional Municipality of York, please visit www.york.ca
- 30 -
Media Contact: Kim Sinclair, Communications Specialist, York Region
Phone: 905 830-4444, ext. 1209 or Cell: 905 251-6412