Transit officials to greet customers with snacks and refreshments across the Region
NEWMARKET – York Region Transit (YRT)/Viva is hosting a Customer Appreciation Day tomorrow at various terminals across The Regional Municipality of York.
Throughout the morning and afternoon rush hours, York Region Transit/Viva employees will be at select terminals to answer questions, provide transit information and thank customers for their continued support to transit across York Region. Snacks and refreshments will be available for transit customers at the locations listed below, while quantities last.
DATE: Wednesday, May 30, 2007
TIME and LOCATION: 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
Richmond Hill Centre Terminal
Highway 7 and Yonge Street (beside Silver City Cinema)
Town of Richmond Hill
*Media Spokesperson will be present at this location
4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Finch GO Bus Terminal
5697 Yonge Street, North York
• York Region operates two public transit services: the conventional YRT service and Viva Rapid Transit (launched in September 2005)
• YRT also operates the door-to-door Mobility Plus service for individuals with disabilities
• YRT/Viva ridership climbed 12.4 per cent in 2006 to 17.1 million riders, reflecting the highest growth rate in the GTA
• Every weekday, approximately 69,000 trips are made on the YRT/Viva system
• System enhancements are a part of the ever-growing YRT system, including the Region introducing an additional 260,000 service hours, eight new buses and 210 upgrades to bus stops in 2006
For route and fare information please visit www.yrt.ca
or contact the YRT Call Centre toll free at
1-866-MOVE-YRT (668-3978), locally at 905 762-2100 or TTY line at 1-866-276-7478.
- 30 -
Media Contact: Melissa Di Costanzo, Corporate Communications, York Region
Phone 905 830-4444 ext. 1207
Email: Melissa.Di Costanzo@york.ca