The Georgina Pacesetters Program launches
Georgina residents are invited to participate in the 28-day Healthy Living Challenge
NEWMARKET – It only takes 28-days to develop a health habit that lasts a lifetime. Georgina residents are invited to participate in the new Georgina Pacesetter's 28-day Healthy Living Challenge. This challenge encourages residents to increase their activity levels and healthy living strategies. Registered participants who meet the challenge goals are qualified to win a prize. Prizes include a $500 government savings bond, restaurant gift certificates, healthy eating cook books and more!
Participants can meet the challenge goals by doing simple things such as: walking around the block, increasing vegetables and fruit consumption, going to the park with your children after dinner, riding your bicycle, and trying healthier recipes.
WHEN: Sunday, April 29, 2007
1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
WHERE: De La Salle Park
Lake Drive East, Town of Georgina
Media Contact: Nicky Rauzon-Wright (905) 895-2951
WHAT: Launch of Georgina Pacesetter Program and resident registration for the
28-day Healthy Living Challenge
WHO: Georgina residents
heartyparty.com community health partners
• The Georgina Pacesetters Program was recently created by heartyparty.com, the York Region Heart Health Program
• The project aims to mobilize the Georgina community into taking actions for healthy living and provide local residents with equal access to health information and activities that reduce the incidence of chronic disease
• Specific project goals focus on behaviour change which will increase physical activity, reduce the use of tobacco products and increase healthy
• heartyparty.com consists of a group of health partners dedicated to helping the residents of York Region get the most out of life by eating well, exercising, avoiding smoking and reducing stress
• Heartyparty.com is funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
For more information on this or any other health-related topics, please contact York Region Health Services Health Connection at 1-800-361-5653 (toll free) or visit www.york.ca
- 30 -
Media Contact: Jennifer Mitchell-Emmerson, York Region Health Services
Phone: (905) 830-4444, Ext. 4016 or After-hours Cell: (905) 716-2717