Results of 2006 customer satisfaction transit surveys received by York Regional Council
NEWMARKET – York Regional Council received a report today outlining the results of the 2006 York Region Transit/Viva and Mobility Plus customer satisfaction surveys indicating that more than 80 per cent of respondents were satisfied or very satisfied with YRT/Viva and between 70 to 80 per cent of respondents were satisfied or very satisfied with Mobility Plus.
"The results of these customer satisfaction surveys demonstrate that our residents are pleased with the direction transit services are taking in York Region," said York Region Chairman and CEO Bill Fisch. "The significant investment that York Regional Council has been making in YRT/Viva and Mobility Plus is paying off and our users are reaping the benefits."
Highlights of the survey results:
• 96 per cent of respondents gave Viva either a good, very good or excellent rating
• 81 per cent of respondents rated YRT conventional services as good, very good or excellent
• 75 per cent of respondents were satisfied or very satisfied with public transit as a whole in York Region, including YRT, Viva, GO Transit, TTC and Brampton services
• 70 to 80 per cent of Mobility Plus respondents gave the top rating of "very satisfied" for a variety of categories, including Call Centre staff friendliness, Call Centre staff knowledge, safe driving, courtesy of drivers and door-to-door assistance
• Customer satisfaction in all categories improved by 3 to 16 per cent when compared to results from the previous 2004 satisfaction survey
"York Region is very proud of these results. We have worked hard in the past five years to improve our transit system, adding service hours and vehicles and introducing new technologies to our routes and buses," said Town of Markham Regional Councillor Jim Jones, Chair of the Region's Transit Committee. "Thank you to all of the residents and transit users who took the time to share their comments and feedback with us. We will use this information to continue to enhance our service we provide to you."
Two customer satisfaction surveys were administered by a third-party agency, Oxygen Research Group Inc., in November 2006, one survey for YRT/Viva and a second for Mobility Plus. The YRT/Viva survey results are based on 6,027 rider responses, including a combination of interviewer-led questions and self-completed questionnaires. The Mobility Plus survey results are based upon 401 telephone surveys that took approximately 15 minutes each.
Detailed survey results will be available next week on the York Region Transit website: www.yrt.ca
York Region operates two public transit services, the conventional YRT service and the Viva bus rapid transit service (launched in September 2005). YRT also operates the door-to-door Mobility Plus service for individuals with disabilities.
For information on YRT/Viva routes and fares, please visit www.yrt.ca
or call toll-free at 1-866-MOVE-YRT (668-3978), locally at (905) 762-2100 or TTY line at 1-866-276-7478.
- 30 -
Media Contact: Tracy Smith, Communications Specialist, York Region
Phone: (905) 830-4444, Ext. 1209 or Cell: (905) 251-6412