York Region and Oak Ridges Moraine Land Trust to celebrate 16-hectare property donation in Town of Aurora
NEWMARKET – Town of Aurora Mayor Tim Jones will join members of the Oak Ridges Moraine Land Trust (ORMLT) and local councillors at a ceremony to thank the McLeod family of Aurora for their generous donation of a 16-hectare (40-acre) property for permanent protection and management.
When: Wednesday, October 18th
Where: 15776 Leslie Street (west side of Leslie just south of St. John’s Sideroad)
Town of Aurora
• Tim Jones, Mayor, Town of Aurora
• André Flys, President, Oak Ridges Moraine Land Trust
• Members of the McLeod family
• The property contains the single largest block of mature forested land in northern Aurora, and comprises the upper headwaters of the East Holland River watershed which flows north from the Oak Ridges Moraine.
• The heavily wooded area contains Sugar Maple, American Beech, White Elm, Basswood and White Pine trees, while supporting a variety of wildlife.
- 30 -
Media Contact: Michael Kemp, Corporate Communications, York Region
Phone: (905) 830-4444, Ext. 1232 | Cell: (905) 251-6419 | After-hours: (905) 830-3302