Young business entrepreneurs honoured for their innovation
NEWMARKET – York Region Small Business Enterprise Centre, in conjunction with the Town of Richmond Hill and the City of Vaughan Small Business Enterprise Centres, is pleased to host an awards night honouring the winners of the Region of York’s Business Plan Challenge 2006. High school students across the Region between the ages of 15 to 20 were asked to create, develop and submit a unique business plan for a chance to win $5,000 in cash and prizes. Winners of this event will advance to compete in the Ontario-wide business plan finals.
When: Thursday, June 15th
Dinner and Awards to follow
Where: Renaissance Parque Banquet Hall & Convention Centre
2800 Highway 7 West
City of Vaughan
Photo Opportunity: 8:15 p.m.
• Mario Racco, Thornhill MPP
• Jamie Young, Town of East Gwillimbury Mayor and Chair, York Region Planning and Economic Development Committee
• Ann Hoy, Director of Entrepreneurship at MEDT
• Taylor Sugar, Young entrepreneur
• The Business Plan Challenge is a youth entrepreneurship initiative of the Province of Ontario in cooperation with the City of Vaughan, Town of Richmond Hill and York Region.
• Over the course of the school year, business consultants from the three Centres worked in classrooms across the Region helping educators deliver entrepreneurship seminars to students.
• The program allows students the experience to develop a new business venture from initial concept to a formal written plan.
For more information about the Business Plan Challenge 2006 or York Region’s Small Business Enterprise Centre, please contact (905) 830-4444, Ext. 1517.
- 30 -
Media Contact: Megan Bomberry, Corporate Communications, York Region
Phone: (905) 830-4444, ext. 1207 or After-hours Pager (905) 830-3302