York Regional Council Inaugural Meeting and election of Regional Chair and CEO
NEWMARKET – York Regional Council will hold its inaugural meeting and elect the Regional Chair and CEO for the 2006 – 2010 term this Thursday, December 7th.
Newly elected members of Council will attend the inaugural meeting and be sworn into office by the newly appointed Regional Chair and CEO. Families and friends of elected officials will be present to observe this momentous occasion.
WHEN: Thursday, December 7th at 7:00 p.m.
WHERE: York Region Administrative Centre, Council Chambers
17250 Yonge Street, Town of Newmarket
• The Honourable Mr. Justice Michael Brown, Superior Court of Justice
• Members of York Regional Council (December 2006 – November 2010 term)
• Michael Garrett, Chief Administrative Officer, The Regional Municipality of York
• Reverend Dr. Francis Mpindu, Richmond Hill Chinese Baptist Church and
York Regional Police Services Chaplain
• Detective Sergeant Peter Fleming, York Regional Police Services Piper
• Deborah Baber, York Regional Police Services Soloist
• Denis Kelly, Regional Clerk, The Regional Municipality of York
- 30 -
For more information on The Regional Municipality of York, please visit www.york.ca
Media Contact: Patrick Casey, Director, Corporate Communications, York Region
Phone: (905) 830-4444, ext. 1235 or Cell (905) 715-8211