NEWMARKET – The Regional Municipality of York invites community service agencies to submit proposals for funding of 2006 projects that deliver services to vulnerable residents in York Region. Successful projects will be funded under York Region’s Community Development and Investment Fund (CDIF) strategy.
Project proposals must relate to one or more of the following:
- Support low income residents with children or alleviate child poverty through:
- Supports that address basic needs
- Programs that provide experiences and opportunities otherwise unavailable because of financial barriers
- Promote capacity building and sustainability
- Provide employment supports
- Address homelessness
Interested agencies can pick up a copy of the Purchase of Service Request documentation from York Region’s Supplies and Services Branch, 17250 Yonge Street, First Floor, in Newmarket. Ask for the CDIF Purchase of Service Request package PSR-05-01. This package can also be obtained by courier by calling 1-877-464-9675, ext. 1668.
An information meeting on this Purchase of Service Request will be held on Friday,
September 9, 2005 at 1:30 p.m. in the Seminar Room of the York Region Administrative Centre at 17250 Yonge Street, Newmarket.
For more information, contact the Supplies and Services Branch at 1-877-464-9675, ext.1668, or visit the Region’s Web site at www.york.ca
and click on “What’s New.”
The deadline for proposals is September 29, 2005 at 1:00 p.m.
- 30 -
Media Contact: Tim Paleczny, Corporate Communications, York Region
(905) 830-4444 or 1-877-464-9675, ext. 1238