York Region organizes 2005 School Litter Roundup
NEWMARKET - The Regional Municipality of York will be organizing a litter roundup event for schools in York Region. The event is part of the Region’s Litter Prevention Strategy, approved by Council in 2004.
WHEN: Wednesday, October 19th (rain date October 26th)
HOST SCHOOL: Blessed John XXIII Catholic Elementary School
SCHOOL CONTACT: Mike Sullivan, Principal
TIME OF EVENT: 12:20 – 1:00 p.m.
• There are over 60 schools from the York Region District School Board and the York Catholic District School Board, representing over 8,300 students participating in the cleanup
• The cleanup is being organized by York Region, with private sponsorship from The Clorox Company of Canada Ltd. and The Home Depot Canada – who will be supplying gloves and garbage bags
• The intention of the event is to clean up the environment, and educate young people on the benefits of litter prevention
- 30 -
Media Contact: Ken Turriff, Corporate Communications, York Region
- (905) 830-4444 or 1-877-464-9675, ext. 1226
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org