National Public Works Week Design-A-Button winners to be acknowledged at York Regional Council
NEWMARKET – York Regional Council will acknowledge four York Region children as winners of the "Design-a-Button" contest for National Public Works Week (May 15-21), at this Thursday's Council meeting.
The contest was promoted in February, through York Works, the Region's semi-annual Transportation and Works publication. The four winning designs, from three different age groups, were chosen by a committee from the Transportation and Works department based on the National Public Works Week 2005 theme "Public Works is Everywhere You Look."
This recognition is one of several events that York Region is hosting throughout National Public Works Week, which began with a Family Fun Day at the Children's Safety Village in Whitchurch-Stouffville on Sunday.
WHEN: Thursday, May 19th
WHERE: York Regional Council Chambers
York Region Administrative Centre
17250 Yonge Street, Newmarket
• York Regional Chair and CEO, Bill Fisch
• Members of York Regional Council
• Four "Design-a-Button" winners
• National Public Works Week is an annual celebration to raise public awareness of the work and commitment of public works professionals to their communities.
• York Region is hosting student tours of works facilities as well as having displays at the Administrative Centre in Newmarket throughout the week.
- 30 -
Media Contact: Michael Kemp, Corporate Communications, York Region
- (905) 830-4444 or 1-877-474-9675, ext. 1232
- Email: Michael.email@example.com