RICHMOND HILL -- On April 14-15, the Character Community Council of York Region will hold a two-day conference, "Vision into Action," which will focus on the action steps required to build communities of character.
Keynote speakers include:
• John Wright, Senior Vice-President of Ipsos-Reid
• Rossana Di Zio Magnotta, President & Co-Founder of Magnotta Winery Corporation
• Matt Davidson, Research Director, Centre of the 4th and 5th R's (Respect and Responsibility) in the School of Education at SUNY Cortland, and
• Dr. Avis Glaze, Chief Student Achievement Officer, Ontario Ministry of Education
On Friday, a panel will discuss how character transforms into action when moving from Southeast Asia to Ontario. The speakers on the panel include:
• David Agnew, President and CEO of UNICEF Canada
• David Morley, Executive Director of Doctors Without Borders
• Emma Rooney, Youth Program Coordinator of Street Kids International, and
• Linda Tripp, Vice-President of Public Affairs of World Vision
The event takes place at the Sheraton Parkway North at 600 Highway #7 East in Richmond Hill.
The conference will host workshops where participants will learn practical applications for building and maintaining good character, good relationships, and how to implement these into places of business, communities, homes, schools and families. Presenters will offer practical strategies and share their successes.
For more information, registration details and workshop schedules, click on the top of the home page of the York Region Character Community Web site at www.charactercommunity.com
or contact Sue Smitko, Executive Director, Character Community Council of York Region, toll-free at 1-877-464-9675, Ext. 1522.
Contact: Tim Paleczny, Corporate Communications, York Region
(905) 830-4444, (416) 297-9696 or 1-877-464-9675 Ext. 1238