Unique architecture of York Region Administrative Centre showcased during Doors Open event
NEWMARKET – The York Region Administrative Centre will welcome the public as part of the first annual Doors Open Newmarket event on Saturday, June 11, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
WHEN: Saturday, June 11, 2005, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
WHERE: York Region Administrative Centre
17250 Yonge Street, Newmarket
WHAT: • Self-guided tours of the architectural features of the York Region Administrative Centre
• Photos chronicling the construction of the Administrative Centre displayed in the Great Hall
• Artwork from Newmarket elementary and high school students on local heritage buildings and renderings of the Administrative Centre
• A 1971 York Regional Police vehicle and a York Region EMS vehicle for public viewing
Regional staff will also be available to answer any questions the public may have regarding the Administrative Centre.
BACKGROUND: Doors Open Newmarket is part of the wider provincial initiative Doors Open Ontario, showcasing heritage buildings across the province. The York Region Administrative Centre is one of 14 featured sites in Newmarket. The York Region building was selected to participate in this event thanks to its architectural distinctiveness and design by renowned architect Douglas Cardinal.
- 30 -
Media Contact: Amber Harrison, Corporate Communications, York Region
- (905) 830-4444 or 1-877-474-9675, ext. 1237
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org