Official opening of new, award-winning Sutton Water Pollution Control Plant in Town of Georgina
NEWMARKET – The Regional Municipality of York will be holding an official opening ceremony for the new Sutton Water Pollution Control Plant (WPCP) in the Town of Georgina.
The $7 million facility will provide sanitary servicing to 7,500 residents in the growing Sutton area, and allow for expansion to meet a projected servicing population of 16,500 residents by the year 2012.
Light refreshments and a facility tour will be provided.
WHEN: Tuesday, October 11, 2005
11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
WHERE: 5741 Black River Road, Sutton
Town of Georgina (see attached map)
• Bill Fisch, York Region Chair and CEO
• Rob Grossi, Mayor, Town of Georgina
• Bruce McGregor, York Region Commissioner of Transportation and Works
• York Region was awarded the Ontario Public Works Association's (OPWA) prestigious Project of the Year Award (Environment category) for the Sutton WPCP, for "good construction management, safety performance, community relations and unusual accomplishments under adverse conditions".
- 30 -
Media Contact: Michael Kemp, Corporate Communications, York Region
- (905) 830-4444 or 1-877-474-9675, ext. 1232
- Email: Michael.email@example.com