Newmarket Health Centre redevelopment
NEWMARKET - The Regional Municipality of York is pleased to announce the official opening of the redevelopment of the Newmarket Health Centre.
When: Thursday, June 20, 2002
Where: Newmarket Health Centre
194 Eagle Street, Newmarket
- The Honourable Dan Newman, Associate Minister of Health and Long-Term Care
- Bill Fisch, Regional Chair and CEO
- Regional Councillor Joyce Frustaglio, Chair
Health and Emergency Medical Services Committee
- Regional Councillor Diane Humeniuk, Town of Newmarket
- Dr. K. Helena Jaczek, Commissioner of Health Services and Medical Officer of Health
- The redevelopment of the Newmarket Health Centre has been planned in 4 phases to renovate the existing east, west and centre wings of the facility
- Phases I and II of construction are now complete and include the renovation of 100 long term care (LTC) beds as well as affordable offices and program space for community health and social service agencies
- Phase III (scheduled for completion in 2003) will convert the east wing into 58 supportive housing apartments for seniors and adults with disabilities, in partnership with the York Region Housing Corporation
- Phase IV includes an additional 32 bed LTC unit and Outreach/Day program facilities
- Most importantly, the renovations will greatly improve the residents' living environment and will enable staff to deliver an enhanced level of care and services
- Newmarket Health Centre is a not-for-profit facility funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and York Region, and operated by York Region Health Services.
For information on the Newmarket Health Centre, York Region long term care programs or other health-related issues, contact York Region Health Services Health Connection at 1-800-361-5653 or 905-895-8004. For details on The Regional Municipality of York, the services we offer and links to our nine area municipalities, please visit our Web site at: www.region.york.on.ca.
Contact: Kim Clark, York Region Health Services
905-830-4444 Ext. 4101 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Regional Municipality of York is committed to providing cost-effective, quality services that respond to the needs of our rapidly growing communities. York Region is comprised of the following nine area municipalities: Aurora, East Gwillimbury, Georgina, King, Markham, Newmarket, Richmond Hill, Vaughan and Whitchurch-Stouffville. For more information, visit our Web site at: www.region.york.on.ca
Contact: Patrick Casey, Senior Media Relations Specialist, York Region