[The following link opens a .pdf file of this page]
REPORT NO. 2
ACCESSIBILITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
MEETING HELD ON APRIL 17, 2013
For Consideration by the
Community and Health Services Committee of
on May 8, 2013
Chair: V. Spatafora
Staff Present: K. Adeney,
L. Gonsalves, T. Grover, J. Hastings, R. Houghton, J. Mitchell,
L. Nigra, P. Thiru, A. Urbanski
The Accessibility Advisory Committee began its meeting at 4:01 p.m. on April 17, 2013.
1 UPDATE - COMMITTEE PROCEEDINGS
The Accessibility Advisory Committee advises the Community and Health Services Committee of the following matters having been considered by the Accessibility Advisory Committee with the following action:
1. Kim McKinnon and Sheri Upper regarding the group 'Concerned Citizens for Accessible Mobility' Received the delegation and the flyer regarding an experiential and educational workshop entitled 'Mobility Maze' on Wednesday, June 5, 2103 at 1 p.m. at the Aurora Community Centre.
2. Tyler Barker regarding 'Stop Gap' Received.
[The following link opens a .pdf file of the Presentation]
3. Lois Davies, Program Manager, ODA/AODA, Community and Health Services Department regarding 'Presentation of York Region's DRAFT 2013-2021 Multi-Year Accessibility Plan' Received.
[The following links open .pdf files of the Communications]
4. Vito Spatafora, Regional Councillor, Town of Richmond Hill and Chair, York Region Accessibility Advisory Committee, dated January 24, 2013 regarding 'National Access Awareness Week – June 2 to 8, 2013' Received.
5. Adelina Urbanski, Commissioner of Community and Health Services, dated March 20, 2013 regarding 'Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 Update: Design of Public Spaces Standards and Proposed Amendments to the Ontario Building Code' Received.
6. Alfred Spencer, A/Assistant Deputy Minister, Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Employment and Ministry of Research and Innovation, dated March 25, 2013 regarding 'Regional Forums for Municipal Accessibility Advisory Committees in Spring 2013' Received and recommended that the Chair of the York Region Accessibility Advisory Committee, on behalf of the Committee, send a letter to the Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Employment and Ministry of Research and Innovation requesting consideration of alternate locations in the future for the regional forums for municipal Accessibility Advisory Committees with a focus on facilities that are easily accessible.
7. Denis Kelly, Regional Clerk, York Region, dated April 11, 2013 regarding 'York Region Transit Mobility Plus Eligibility Appeal Panel' Received.
8. Committee was introduced to Jason Hastings, Manager, Program Development and Delivery, Strategic Service Integration and Policy, Community and Health Services Department.
9. Kim Adeney, Senior Program and Compliance Analyst, ODA/AODA, Community and Health Services, regarding update on 'National Access Awareness Week' Received.
10. Lisa Gonsalves, Managing Director, Strategic Service Integration and Policy Branch, Community and Health Services regarding 'Update on Accessibility Activities' Received.
11. Committee was advised of the possibility that the next Networking Breakfast Meeting, anticipated for October, may need to be held on a weekend rather than a weekday.
12. The next meeting of the York Region Accessibility Advisory Committee is scheduled to be held on Wednesday, June 26, 2013 at 4 p.m.
The Accessibility Advisory Committee adjourned at 6:05 p.m.
April 17, 2013 V. Spatafora
Tel. (905) 830-4444 x 1305