[The following link opens a .pdf file of this page]
REPORT NO. 1
ACCESSIBILITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
MEETING HELD ON FEBRUARY 20, 2013
For Consideration by the
Community and Health Services Committee of
on March 20, 2013
Chair: V. Spatafora
Also Present: V. Hackson
Staff Present: G. Boulianne, J. Davidson, L. Davies, S. Doyle, L. Gonsalves,
T. Grover, R. Houghton, J. Hulton,
P. Thiru, A. Urbanski
The Accessibility Advisory Committee began its meeting at 4:04 p.m. on February 20, 2013.
1 UPDATE - COMMITTEE PROCEEDINGS
The Accessibility Advisory Committee advises the Community and Health Services Committee of the following matters having been considered by the Accessibility Advisory Committee with the following action:
ELECTION OF VICE CHAIR 1. The Committee recommended the appointment of citizen member Steve Foglia as Vice Chair of the York Region Accessibility Advisory Committee for the year 2013.
ELECTION OF VICE CHAIR
1. The Committee recommended the appointment of citizen member Steve Foglia as Vice Chair of the York Region Accessibility Advisory Committee for the year 2013.
[The following links open .pdf files of the Presentations and the video links]
3. Nick Grande, CEO and Joel Dembe, Community Relations Manager, MV-1 Canada regarding 'New Technology in Accessible Transit' Received.
Ann Marie De Luca, HR Consultant, and Lauren Edwards, Recruiter, Human Resources Services, Corporate Services regarding 'Employment Standards of the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11 – Best Practices' Received.
[The following link opens a .pdf file of the Communication]
7. Regional Councillor Spatafora welcomed Mayor Hackson and Councillor Eaton of the Town of
8. Steve Foglia, York Region Accessibility Advisory Committee regarding 'Review of the York Region Accessibility Design Guidelines (Draft)' Received.
9. Lisa Gonsalves, Managing Director, Strategic Service Integration and Policy Branch, Community and Health Services regarding 'Update on Accessibility Activities' Received.
10. Committee adopted the recommendation that a representative from the program 'Stop Gap' be invited to present at the April 17, 2013 Accessibility Advisory Committee meeting.
11. The next meeting of the York Region Accessibility Advisory Committee is scheduled to be held on Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at 4 p.m.
The Accessibility Advisory Committee adjourned at 5:49 p.m.
February 20, 2013 V. Spatafora
Tel. (905) 830-4444 x 1322